The youngest fighter in UFC history, Raul Rosas Jr, is set for his second fight in the promotion.
At UFC 287 in April, the 18-year-old prospect will face bantamweight Christian Rodriguez. The news of the matchup was first reported by Eurosport.
A few months back, Rosas Jr. became the name on everyone’s lips as he secured his UFC contract at 17 years of age. In December, he won his octagon debut with a first-round submission against Jay Perrin, and was awarded with his first post-fight bonus.
His next opponent, Rodriguez, is 1-1 in the promotion and comes from a win against Joshua Weems in October. The 25-year-old made his UFC debut in February 2022, but lost a unanimous decision to Jonathan Pearce.
Announced bouts for UFC 287 on April 8
At this moment, no venue or location is announced for UFC 287, however, Brooklyn, N.Y., and Miami have been rumored to host the event.
No headliner has yet been announced, but a bunch of interesting fights are already scheduled to take place on the card.
- Bantamweight bout: Rob Font vs. Adrian Yanez
- Women’s Strawweight bout: Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lupita Godinez
- Women’s Strawweight bout: Michelle Waterson vs. Luana Pinheiro
- Lightweight bout: Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Nikolas Motta
- Bantamweight bout: Raul Rosas Jr vs. Christian Rodriquez
*Bout order and number of fights can change.