UFC Vegas 80 just took place at the Apex in Las Vegas and all the results are now in. The card was headlined by a lightweight clash between Grant Dawson and Bobby Green.
While Green entered the fight as a huge underdog he would only need 33 seconds to score the upset. After finding his distance quickly on the feet he would follow up with a perfectly times straight left that sent Dawson crashing to the canvas. After a few academic shots on the ground the referee intervened and Green could enter a new win streak.
The result also means Dawsons first ever loss in the UFC, who went undefeated in twelve straight fights before tonight’s main event.
Exciting upstart Joe Pyfer lines up yet another win in the co-main event, chicking knockout artist Abdul Razak Alhassan in the second round.
Lightweight Drew Dober would also get an early finish, ending Ricky Glenn via first round TKO.
Official UFC Vegas 80 Results
- Lightweight: Bobby Green def. Grant Dawson KO (punches), round 1, 0:33
- Middleweight: Joe Pyfer def. Abdul Razak Alhassan Technical Submission (arm-triangle choke) 2 2:05
- Welterweight: Joaquin Buckley def. Alex Morono Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–26)
- Lightweight: Drew Dober def. Ricky Glenn TKO (punches), round 1, 2:36
- Featherweight: Bill Algeo def. Alexander Hernandez Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)
- Women’s Strawweight: Karolina Kowalkiewicz def. Diana Belbiţă Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)
- Flyweight: Nate Maness def. Mateus Mendonça TKO (punches), round 1 4:40
- Women’s Strawweight: Vanessa Demopoulos def. Kanako Murata Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)
- Bantamweight: Aori Qileng def. Johnny Muñoz Jr. Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)
- Women’s Flyweight: JJ Aldrich def. Montana De La Rosa Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)