Former two-division champ Henry Cejudo targeted for comeback at UFC 287
A bantamweight title bout between reigning champion Aljamain Sterling and former two-division champion Henry Cejudo is targeted for the upcoming UFC 287 card on April 8.
No contracts have yet been issued or signed, according to MMA Fighting, who first reported the news of the matchup.
The targeted fight will be Sterling’s third title defense after previously defeating Petr Yan and T.J. Dillashaw in 2022. He’s currently riding a nine-fight winning streak that dates back to April 2018.
The fight would be Cejudo’s first in the UFC since May 2020, when he retired following a title defence against Dominick Cruz.
Read more: Several top 10 ranked UFC fighters set for new bouts
Announced bouts for UFC 287 with Henry Cejudo
At the moment, UFC 287 does not have a location or venue, however, several fights have already been announced for the card.
- Bantamweight title bout: Aljamain Sterling (c) vs. Henry Cejudo
- Bantamweight bout: Rob Font vs. Adrian Yanez
- Women’s Strawweight bout: Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lupita Godinez
- Women’s Strawweight bout: Michelle Waterson vs. Luana Pinheiro
- Lightweight bout: Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Nikolas Motta
- Bantamweight bout: Raul Rosas Jr vs. Christian Rodriquez
- Featherweight bout: Shayilan Nuerdanbieke vs. Steve Garcia
- Middleweight bout: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Chris Curtis
- Middleweight about: Gerald Meerschaert vs. Joe Pyfer
Read more: These 42 UFC fighters are all undefeated (complete list)
Read more: Swedish TV personality and MMA fighter Liam Pitts takes on David Hedlund at FCR 15
Subscribe to Frontkick.online on YouTube for the best MMA and Muay Thai videos in Scandinavia, and make sure to follow us on Instagram for the latest news and updates!