According to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto the highly anticipated welterweight bout between Geoff Neal and undefeated Shavkat Rakhmonov is reeboked for UFC 285 on March 5.
The fight was originally scheduled for the first UFC event of the year, but No. 7 ranked Neal was forced to pull out of the bout due to injury.
Neal is going into the fight with back-to-back wins against Santiago Ponzinibbio and Vicente Luque. He made his promotional debut back in 2018 and holds notable wins against Belal Muhammad, Niko Price and Mike Perry.
Rakhmonov rides an impressive sixteen-fight winning streak that includes finishes in all of his four UFC fights. He is currently ranked at No. 10 in the welterweight rankings and is widely considered to be one of the stacked division’s best talents.
The latest UFC 285 lineup
UFC 285 will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on March 5.
So far, no headliner has been announced, however, looking at the announced bouts, it looks like the card will be a killer.
- Middleweight bout: Derek Brunson vs. Dricus Du Plessis
- Women’s Flyweight bout: Amanda Ribas vs. Viviane Araújo
- Women’s Strawweight bout: Jessica Penne vs. Tabatha Ricci
- Bantamweight bout: Da’Mon Blackshear vs. Farid Basharat
- Bantamweight bout: Cody Garbrandt vs. Julio Arce
- Middleweight bout: Julian Marquez vs. Marc-André Barriault
- Welterweight bout: Geoff Neal vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov