Top ranked light weight Mateusz Gamrot got the a win a few hours ago, but not the way he wanted, after his tough Rafael Fiziev suffered a nasty leg injury in the second round of the main event.
The competetive first round promised a great lightweight bout, however, just two minutes into the second round, Fiziev’s leg gave away and the fight was stopped after a few strikes on the ground from Gamrot.
“This is not what I want winning this fight,” Gamrot said after the fight. “I’m looking forward to next year to fight. My dream fight, of course, is the champion Islam Makhachev, but this is not now. But my next fight I would like to challenge myself to the most dangerous fighter on the ground, Charles Oliveira. I would like to fight this guy.”
— Spinnin Backfist (@SpinninBackfist) September 24, 2023
Bryce Mitchell is back
In the featherweight co-main event, the hyped Bryce Mitchellgot the job done against Dan Ige via unanimous decision, with 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28 on the scorecards.
The main card also featured a women’s strawweight fight where Marina Rodriguez defeated Michelle Waterson-Gomez for the second time in her career.
Check out the complete UFC results below!
- Lightweight: Mateusz Gamrot def. Rafael Fiziev via TKO (injury stoppage): R2, 2.03
- Featherweight: Bryce Mitchell def. Dan Ige via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Strawweight: Marina Rodriguez def. Michelle Waterson-Gomez via TKO: R2, 2.42
- Welterweight: Bryan Battle def. AJ Fletcher via submission: R2, 4.32
- Featherweight: Charles Jourdain def. Ricardo Ramos via submission: R1, 3.15
- Bantamweight: Miles Johns def. Dan Argueta via unanimous decision (30-27×2, 29-28)
- Welterweight: Tim Means def. André Fialho via TKO: R3, 1.15
- Middleweight: Cody Brundage def. Jacob Malkoun via DQ: R1, 4.15
- Heavyweight: Mohammed Usman def. Jake Collier via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28×2)
- Strawweight: Mizuki Inoue def. Hannah Goldy via unanimous decision (29-28×3)
- Bantamweight: Montserrat Rendon def. Tamires Vidal via split decision (29-28×2, 28-29)