In the UFC Vegas 53 main event we saw No. 8 ranked bantamweight Marlon “Chito” Vera face No. 5 ranked Rob Font. After five bloody rounds, where “Chito” scored several knockdowns, the judges scored the fight 48-47, 49-46 and 49-46 in his favor. The win was Vera’s third straight.
“It means the world,” Vera said after the fight. “I feel like everything I dream in my life is happening. This is amazing. I’m living the dream. I’m going to be a world champion.”
The Ecuadorian bantamweight wants a top-five ranked opponent next.
“Four, three and two let’s go,” Vera said. “Any of those three. Any time, any moment.”
In the UFC Vegas 53 co-main event, former heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski won over Jake Collier by split decision, with the judges scoring the fight 27–30, 29–28 and 29–28.
50 000 dollar bonuses
The 50 000 dollar Fight of the Night bonus went to Marlon Vera vs. Rob Font.
The 50 000 dollar Performance of the Night bonuses went to Joanderson Brito and Francisco Figueiredo.
UFC Vegas 53 official results
- Marlon Vera def. Rob Font by unanimous decision (48–47, 49–46, 49–46)
- Andrei Arlovski def. Jake Collier by split decision (27–30, 29–28, 29–28)
- Joanderson Brito def. Andre Fili by TKO (punches), round 11 at 0:41
- Grant Dawson def. Jared Gordon by submission (rear-naked choke). round 3 at 4:11
- Darren Elkins def. Tristan Connelly by unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)
- Krzysztof Jotko def. Gerald Meerschaert by unanimous decision (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)
- Alexander Romanov def. Chase Sherman by submission (americana), round 1 at 2:11
- Francisco Figueiredo def. Daniel Lacerda by submission (kneebar), round 1 at 1:18
- Gabriel Green def. Yohan Lainesse by TKO (punches), round 2 at 4:02
- Natan Levy def. Mike Breeden by unanimous decision (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)
- Shanna Young def. Gina Mazany by TKO, round 2 at 3:11