When Conor McGregor announced that his comeback to the octagon will take place on June 29 at the annual International Fight Week card in Las Vegas, fight fans all over the world got their hopes up. Finally fans and haters would get to see the controversial MMA star back in action to face former Bellator champion Michael Chandler.
“The greatest comeback of all time will take place in Las Vegas on International fight week on June 29,” McGregor said.
UFC CEO Dana White, however, is not so sure that McGregor will return this summer.
“Hopefully this year. There is no date. I’m hoping for the fall. [Hopefully] we get it done in the fall,” White recently said at the The Pat McAfee Show.
Read more: Top 5 Scariest Weight Cuts In The UFC
Conor McGregor has been out of action since 2021
Conor McGregor has been out of action since July 2021 when he broke his leg in the trilogy bout against Dustin Poirier.
When he announced his return he claimed that the upcoming fight against Chandler would take place at 185 pounds. If that in fact happens, that will be the fourth weight class McGregor would fight in.
The Irish MMA star hasn’t won an important UFC fight since defeating Eddie Alvarez for the lightweight title back in November 2016. Since then he’s 1-3, with losses against former champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and rival Poirier.
Subscribe to Frontkick.online on YouTube for the best MMA and Muay Thai videos in Scandinavia, make sure to follow us on Instagram for the latest news and updates! Check out our sister site Maximum Sports YouTube channel for premium Swedish martial arts content!