Featherweight star Bryce Mitchell accepted the challenge and volunteered to take on former interim title challenger Josh Emmett at UFC 296 on December 16.
Giga Chikadze pulled out off the fight due to a groin injury, and the popular UFC fighter steps in to take the fight on less than two weeks notice.
Mitchell comes from a unanimous decision win to Dan Ige in September while Emmett lost a interim title fight to Yair Rodriguez.
UFC 296 with Bryce Mitchell
UFC 296 will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday December 16.
The stacked card is headlined by a welterweight title fight between reigning champion Leon “Rocky” Edwards and former interim champ Colby “Chaos” Covington.
Check out the updated fight card below!
- Welterweight title bout: Leon Edwards (c) vs. Colby Covington
- Flyweight title bout: Alexandre Pantoja (c) vs. Brandon Royval
- Welterweight bout: Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Stephen Thompson
- Lightweight bout: Tony Ferguson vs. Paddy Pimblett
- Welterweight bout: Vicente Luque vs. Ian Machado Garry
- Featherweight bout: Bryce Mitchell vs. Josh Emmett
- Women’s Bantamweight bout: Irene Aldana vs. Karol Rosa
- Bantamweight bout: Cody Garbrandt vs. Brian Kelleher
- Women’s Flyweight bout: Casey O’Neill vs. Ariane Lipski
Early preliminary card
- Light Heavyweight bout: Alonzo Menifield vs. Dustin Jacoby
- Flyweight bout: Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Cody Durden
- Featherweight bout: Andre Fili vs. Lucas Almeida
- Heavyweight bout: Martin Buday vs. Shamil Gaziev
- Welterweight bout: Randy Brown vs. Muslim Salikhov
* Fight card is a subject of change
Subscribe to Frontkick.online on YouTube for the best MMA and Muay Thai videos in Scandinavia, make sure to follow us on Instagram for the latest news and updates and check out our sister site Maximum Sports YouTube channel for premium Swedish martial arts content!