ONE Fight Night 16 took place at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium and featured title fights in kickboxing and submission grappling.
The main event would see muay thai champ Jonathan Haggerty duke it out with MMA champ Fabricio Andrade. Haggerty was on the hunt early, landing quick strikes and connected with a vicious high kick early in the second round that visibly rocked Andrade. While the Brazilian did his best to remain on his feet, Haggerty was relentless, landing an onslaught of punches. Eventuall Andrade was dropped and didn’t manage to get up in time to continue, leaving Haggerty as a reigning two-sport champ!
Grappling phenom Tye Ruotolo faced Magomed Abdulkadirov for the inaugural title in submission grappling and proved why he’s a talent to keep ones eyes on. Ruotolo threatened with several submission attempts and while Abdulkadirov didn’t tap, he also didn’t do enough to win the rounds. Ruotolo would go on to win a clear-cut decision to earn the title-
ONE Fight Night 16 results
- Bantamweight Kickboxing titel bout: Jonathan Haggerty def. Fabricio Andrade by knockout (head kick and punches), round 2, 1:57 – for the bantamweight title
- Welterweight Submission Grappling title fight: Tye Ruotolo def. Magomed Abdulkadirov via unanimous decision
- Catchweight 140 lbs Muay Thai: Seksan Or Kwanmuang def. Karim Bennoui via unanimous decision
- Lightweight MMA: Halil Amir def. Ahmed Mujtaba via TKO (retirement), round 1, 5:00
- Lightweight Muay Thai: Sinsamut Klinmee def. Mouhcine Chafi via via unanimous decision
- Strawweight Kickboxing: Rui Botelho def. Zhang Peimian via split decision
- Strawweight MMA: Ayaka Miura def. Meng Bo via (scarfhold americana), round 1, 2:09
- Heavyweight MMA: Ben Tynan def. Kang Ji Won via (arm triangle choke), round 3, 1:22
- Atomweight Kickboxing: Cristina Morales def. Anna Jaroonsak def. TKO (referee stoppage), round 1, 2:54
- Strawweight MMA: Lito Adiwang def. Jeremy Miado via unanimous decision