On Saturday, Jake Paul’s management, MVP, released a statement alleging that Hasim Rahman Jr. could not make the agreed weight for their boxing bout at MSG on Saturday. The entire event was therefore cancelled.
On social media, Rahman Jr. reacted to the statement.
“Jake and his ‘team’ cancelled this fight, not me! The fight isn’t happening on there accord not MINE,” Rahman Jr. wrote on Twitter.
Jake and his “team” cancelled this fight, not me! The fight isn’t happening on there accord not MINE!
— HASIM RAHMAN JR (@_HasimRahmanJr) July 31, 2022
Hasim Rahman Jr: “My body simply would not let me do it”
In a Instagram video, Hasim Rahman Jr, who took the fight on short notice, admitted that he wanted for more weight allowance, but claimed that’s not the reason his boxing match with the “Problem Child” was canceled.
“My body simply would not let me do it. It would not let me get down to 200 pounds, but where in boxing do you see them canceling fights a whole week in advance? I didn’t even get my last week to get down as low as I could, “Rahman Jr. said.
The boxer claimed he could fight Jake Paul for the 5 000 dollar minimum.
“That’s how much it means to me, and that’s how much faith I have in knocking him out,” Rahman Jr. said in the video.
View this post on Instagram
Read more: Fights we need to see after UFC 277